My 12 year old daughter Libbie has a BIG dream to open a cupcake shop one day.
I have encouraged her to try all kinds of different recipes.
This one in particular, takes the cake...hardy-har-har!
We had fun making it together on this nice and cool summer day.
(We adapted it from the feature found in Midwest Living magazine from February 2013)
1 pkg. of German Chocolate cake mix
1 cup water
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/4 c malted milk powder (we chose original)
2 small boxes of vanilla instant pudding
4 c whipping cream
1 c malted milk powder
1/3 c hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed just a touch!
20 maraschino cherries patted dry
1. line pan with muffin cups
2. beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 1/4 c of malted milk powder on low and then medium for two minutes
3. use an ice cream scooper to fill each cup 2/3 of the way full with batter
4. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until the toothpick-test says they are done!
6. to make frosting...beat the pudding mixes, whipping cream and 1 cup of the malted milk powder on medium until stiff peaks appear
7. Using the plastic bag technique pipe the frosting into the cupcake. Drizzle with hot fudge and top with a cherry.
There is no place in the country like Miss Cayce's. It is the most magical place in the LAND! Thank you Miss Cayce's and West Texas for the fabulous FROSTY party this past weekend. Your land is rich in oil...but your people are richer in kindness and hospitality!!! Thank you, thank you for supporting my work, my mission to spread cheer throughout the LAND, for supporting my momma and her battle with Alzheimer's. The donations that you're making to the Alzheimer's Association are so generous.
Enter your email address below to join our mailing list and have our latest news and member-only deals delivered straight to your inbox.