My 12 year old daughter Libbie has a BIG dream to open a cupcake shop one day.
I have encouraged her to try all kinds of different recipes.
This one in particular, takes the cake...hardy-har-har!
We had fun making it together on this nice and cool summer day.
(We adapted it from the feature found in Midwest Living magazine from February 2013)
1 pkg. of German Chocolate cake mix
1 cup water
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/4 c malted milk powder (we chose original)
2 small boxes of vanilla instant pudding
4 c whipping cream
1 c malted milk powder
1/3 c hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed just a touch!
20 maraschino cherries patted dry
1. line pan with muffin cups
2. beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 1/4 c of malted milk powder on low and then medium for two minutes
3. use an ice cream scooper to fill each cup 2/3 of the way full with batter
4. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until the toothpick-test says they are done!
6. to make frosting...beat the pudding mixes, whipping cream and 1 cup of the malted milk powder on medium until stiff peaks appear
7. Using the plastic bag technique pipe the frosting into the cupcake. Drizzle with hot fudge and top with a cherry.