Do you have a pair of old jeans? Well...cut them into shorts and then tatter them, pattern them and fringe them UP!
Re-purposed and FROSTY!
1. Find a partner to work with...
2. Put the jeans on...
3. Have your partner mark with a pen and a series of dots around the leg of where you want the length of your shorts. According to my friend and #1 seamstress Peggy...pants are a very tricky thing to guesstimate because everyone has a different bottom shape. Makes sense.
4. Check your work and with a measuring tape. Check the accuracy of each leg. (We had to learn the hard way...my daughter Maddie just started cutting and YIKES!!!)
5. Cut. Fringe by running the blade of the scissor along the cut line, back and forth, like you're shredding cheese. Pick and pull with your fingers.
6. Next, we positioned and planned-out alternating fabrics and the lace in small detail spots.
7. Sew pieces in place. (Thanks Peggy!)
Mom always said, "Everyone looks at your hands". Well if that's the case...FROSTY them with red white and blue nail polish. I did a NO-Chip manicure in alternating colors of Red, White and Blue.
FROST FLAGS UP? I hope so...
There is no place in the country like Miss Cayce's. It is the most magical place in the LAND! Thank you Miss Cayce's and West Texas for the fabulous FROSTY party this past weekend. Your land is rich in oil...but your people are richer in kindness and hospitality!!! Thank you, thank you for supporting my work, my mission to spread cheer throughout the LAND, for supporting my momma and her battle with Alzheimer's. The donations that you're making to the Alzheimer's Association are so generous.
Enter your email address below to join our mailing list and have our latest news and member-only deals delivered straight to your inbox.