I LOVE Peaches.
My summer bucket list includes a line item, "make a Peach Pie".
No problem o! (This bucket list is keeping me on track...hahahaha!)
Kevin's grandpa was a farmer and he absolutely loved Peach pie.
When he was living, I made him peach pie from time to time.
Here is a super easy recipe.
Make sure your peaches are ripe...otherwise it is tricky work getting the skins off.
pastry for a double crust 9 inch pie
5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
1 cup sugar
1/3-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon sugar
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside
3. wash, peel, and alice fresh peaches
4. mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients
5. turn into pastry-llined pie pan and dot with butter
6. Cover with top crust, cut slits or cut a heart in it, seal the edges
7. Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar
8. Cover the edges with foil, and remove the last 15 minutes of baking
9. Bake 35-45 minutes or until crust is brown
10. Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...hooray!